TEST REPORT INTERPRETATION ( RT-PCR)
POSITIVE ( DETECTED)
- Indicates presence of SARS CoV2 viral RNA in sample
- Detected result doesn't distinguish viable/replicating or non viable organism.
NEGATIVE ( NOT DETECTED)
- There is no evidence of SARS CoV2 viral RNA in sample.
- It doesn't rule out SARS CoV2 infection completely due to limit of detection of the equipment.
- Presence of PCR inhibitors, inappropriate selection and collection of sample, not maintaining
proper transport condition may result in undue quantification and / or failure to detect the
presence of pathogen.